Bookmark this page!
When you are in the market for a new cooker there
are many products to choose from. Here is a brief description of the
different types of cookers available for your choosing:
• A mini cooker may be very convenient for those living in small
flats. It is a table top cooker and provides basic baking features
and usually has a grill.
• Table top hobs are also available with either single or double
boiling rings. These are also ideal for small flats, work kitchens
or for caravans.
• A slot-in cooker, or a freestanding cooker, can be rolled out for
cleaning or moved with you to a new home.
• A built-in cooker often comes as a set when redecorating a kitchen
but can also be bought on its own. Because it is built in, it cannot
be moved. The slot-in and built-in cookers come in a variety of
sizes and can be high quality appliances.
• The ceramic cooker hob is a fairly recent variation which gives
the chef a smooth surface to cook on. It has a minimalist style and
is much easier to clean than the traditional cooker.
• Cookers with a single oven are often less expensive and smaller
for those cosy kitchens but can also mean wasted energy. Cooking
multiple small items at varying temperatures can be very time
consuming as well.
• Cookers with double ovens offer the most options when baking. Many
also come with the grill in the smaller top oven.
• Another factor to consider when making your decision is if you
would like a fan assisted oven. The fan regulates and balances the
air flow for even baking. For the casual baker this may not be
important but for the chef it could produce better results and save
on energy as well.
• The type of fuel that you can use for the cooker may be determined
by where you live. Many cookers are dual fuel where the hob is gas
and the oven is electric. You can find all gas or all electric
cookers, however, they may take some searching and may cost more.
There are many different brands of quality cookers available
including Britannia, Stoves, Cannon, Rangemaster, Smeg and many
more. Often, however, you will have to pay more in order to get the
high quality cooker that you want.