|Bookmark this page! |
When you are in the market for a new cooker there are many products to choose from. Here is a brief description of the different types of cookers available for your choosing:
• A mini cooker may be very convenient for those living in small flats. It is a table top cooker and provides basic baking features and usually has a grill.
• Table top hobs are also available with either single or double boiling rings. These are also ideal for small flats, work kitchens or for caravans.
• A slot-in cooker, or a freestanding cooker, can be rolled out for cleaning or moved with you to a new home.
• A built-in cooker often comes as a set when redecorating a kitchen but can also be bought on its own. Because it is built in, it cannot be moved. The slot-in and built-in cookers come in a variety of sizes and can be high quality appliances.
• The ceramic cooker hob is a fairly recent variation which gives the chef a smooth surface to cook on. It has a minimalist style and is much easier to clean than the traditional cooker.
• Cookers with a single oven are often less expensive and smaller for those cosy kitchens but can also mean wasted energy. Cooking multiple small items at varying temperatures can be very time consuming as well.
• Cookers with double ovens offer the most options when baking. Many also come with the grill in the smaller top oven.
• Another factor to consider when making your decision is if you would like a fan assisted oven. The fan regulates and balances the air flow for even baking. For the casual baker this may not be important but for the chef it could produce better results and save on energy as well.
• The type of fuel that you can use for the cooker may be determined by where you live. Many cookers are dual fuel where the hob is gas and the oven is electric. You can find all gas or all electric cookers, however, they may take some searching and may cost more.
There are many different brands of quality cookers available including Britannia, Stoves, Cannon, Rangemaster, Smeg and many more. Often, however, you will have to pay more in order to get the high quality cooker that you want.